Welcome to FU Money! We talking today about creating your own top producing website. We are going through the same process and wanted to share with you what we are doing to overcome our challenges.We outsource the actual behind the scenes work for our website. We don’t have a clue how to do any of the things that actually make the website work, so we found resources that could help us with our limitations.
You can check out our website at www.fumoney.com and check out our website, so you can see the work in progress of our website.
There are a lot of moving parts to the websites, and right now we are pleased with the results we have gotten for our website. We knew what we wanted and we had to just make it happen.
Just a few things to consider before you start:
- It doesn’t cost thousands of dollars to build a website that you can be proud of.
- Allow yourself the time you need to get your website built and make sure it is properly tested.
- Don’t be afraid if you aren’t a programmer or a coder. Simple people can put together a great website.
- We didn’t even know what a plug in was when we started, but we learned and are still learning.
Services and Tools Needed To Build Your Website:
- Hosting Service – it is what allows your website to be available to the world.We know and recommend these services. You pay less than $5/month for this type of hosting service.Host GatorBlue Host
2. Purchase your domain. This would be the url or the website address that you want. www.xxx.com
3. Lead Pages is a must have tool for creating landing pages. This helps you build your email list and this is what will lead to monetization.
www.fumoney.com/leadpages – there are a couple different payment plans, so choose the one that is the best for you.LeadPages has pre-made templates that allow you to customize your landing page, so that you don’t have to hire a designer and pay thousands of dollars.
4. Aweber for email hosting. This is how you set up automated emails and what they call an “atuo-repsonder” sequence and it will allow you to sell products to your email list.
5. WordPress as your platform. You can create your whole website using WordPress and it allows you to manage your website without having to hire a programmer or know code. You can install WordPress with one click directly from your web hosting service.
6. WordPress themes are available at www.themeforest.com and it allows you to have a great looking website, and all you have to do is fill in your own content. A designer can always customize the theme you are using, and they can be expensive. We hired a designer and had a great experience, but it was costly. So if you are on a budget, just try a pre-made WordPress theme.
7. Optin Monster – allows you to deliver a lead magnet that integrates with your mail service through AWeber. This allows you to create a pop up box on your website to collect email addresses. Building an email list needs to be a priority if you want a business. There are several plans and payment options for Optin Monster.
8. Smart Podcast Player – this is a premium player for Podcasters. This is a great way to have a built in player on your website. You can pay monthly or by the year. If you don’t have a podcast for your business you won’t need this player.
If you have any questions about any of these products we mentioned or if we can help you in any way, please contact us on our website at www.fumoney.com.
Next week, we have an exciting interview with a young guy that dropped out of college and now earns 6 figures through his online business.
To your FU Money!
Mike and Rob