Welcome to FU Money! Today’s guest is Joel Brown, an Entrepreneur who seeks to inspire like minded people. He’s now reached 62 million downloads in 4 years and he has a high profile podcast to boot! Addicted2Success is his podcast and he is doing everything he can to motivate others to take the Entrepreneurial journey!
Joel started Addicted2Success as a motivational website, and turned it into monetization as it grew. People want positivity and success and people just shared his content. It got bigger than he ever thought it would be!
Joel’s secret sauce for success is just sitting down and writing out where you want to go and how to get there. You have to have a strategy. Being self-aware and knowing what your values are will help you tremendously. Map out your plan, believe it will happen and follow your strategy.
Cornerstones of Success:
Being grateful for your progress and your success plays a huge role in your beliefs about what is possible for you.
Focusing on the solutions to your problems actually takes less time than focusing on the problems. 99% of your time should be focused on solutions.
Share gratitudes every day, and it will do incredible things for you.
Most important skills for Success:
- General – self-awareness – understanding your strengths and weaknesses, and then acting accordingly.
- Specific – mastery – put in the 10,000 hours to learn the specific skills sets
Joel’s Biggest Mistakes:
- Being too content income-wise – I got too comfortable
- Not networking enough
Marketing Strategies for Addicted to Success:
- Focus on creating high value content
- Vetting contributors to the site
- 50-60% of traffic is from each engines
Joel’s List of Don’ts:
- Don’t have the scarcity mindset. Lock arms with people that are passionate and hungry
- Don’t put too much on your plate. Get good at saying “No”!
- Don’t follow the “Do’s” – everyone has the do’s but you learn more from the don’ts.
Joel has turned down $1 million and $1.5 million for his Addicted2 Success business. He looked at the long term plan and realized that he wasn’t done yet, so he declined.
Best way to get started?
Start out with a WordPress website. Build your business around that.
Keys to Success? Focus on the value and being consistent. You want to have the mastery mentality.
Best tip or advice? Doubt your fears. Don’t doubt your dreams.
Next week we have another incredible story of an Guy who is known as the king of Podcasting! He has an extensive track record in Internet marketing and digital product development including Ebooks, Podcasts, Courses and Webinars. Tune in!
To Your F.U. Money!
Mike and Rob