Transformational inner healing through martial arts
Rodney King was born and raised in Johannesburg, South Africa. He had a tough childhood, and was homeless, with only $20 in his pocket at 17. He never finished high school and determined he was going to make a better life for himself. He went into the military to escape the streets.
Today he heads 2 international companies and he uses martial arts training to teach people how to handle life. If it wasn’t for martial arts, he probably would not have survived. Today, he is in his final year of finishing his PhD.
Martial arts can help your mindset in preparation for entrepreneurship!
In this episode you will also learn:
- What motivate Rodney to get off the streets
- How he got started in martial arts
- The skills that martial arts taught him that allowed him to survive
- How martial arts can affect mindset
- Ways that martial arts allows him to have a different relationship with his emotions
- Martial arts is a way to balance your inner warrior spirit with your creativity
- Martial arts allows you to manage your mindset to deal with adversity
- The entrepreneur mindset melds brilliantly with martial arts
- Being present in a highly stressful environment is a skill worth learning
- Breathing techniques can be effective to deal with stressful situations
- Martial arts can change your relationship with fear
- If you wait for perfect, it will never arrive
- Being present is a skill that can be learned through martial arts
- The biggest mistakes that Rodney made in his entrepreneurial journey